Research Proposal

For my research proposal I will be designing a map of the Bronx indicating areas where crime rates are high and adolescents are being hurt or incarcerated. In the past five years I have worked with children in the community center and I have seen a decline in participation with the kids due to the streets and the hours of activities at the community center.  So I want to map these Areas so then I could try to propose a different way of trying to get the kids to engage in the programs or trying to keep young adolescents busy rather than being in the streets. So eventually I would love to get more resources around the  areas for the kids can have an outlet and more of a safe haven in there community. Since i was young their was always limit timing and spacing for us to engage in activities. Within the city and in The Bronx  i could map out on how many facilities that are avaivlable but not being utilize correctly. i belive with appropriate funding and the correct action plan we can save more kids and try to lessen the crime rate aroung our neighborhoods. I think the spacing in the schools should be allowed to be used as well afterschool and the evenings. One thing I know we can’t save all the kids in the neighborhood but even if we can save 40 percent of the kids around our communities then we could allow them to be great citizens.

2 thoughts on “Research Proposal

1. Melachi Jackon

I feel this is a great topic that is not something a lot of people would think about. I personally have a connection to this. When I was a adolescent I went to a community center and some of my friends did not really show up due to them being apart of gangs and doing other illegal things. But by doing this easy I feel like you will find the answer you are looking for.This is a good and easy essay that should be very difficult to write since it is a topic people could relate too. That last part of your proposal you stated that you would get the funding for it. But the government has a certain amount of money to give out so how would that work out.

2. Ariela Zorrilla

I believe your topic is pretty good and interesting as well, it seems you are very concerned about it and I like that you are focusing on children and activities that can keep them save, I think you chose a good location to talk about this topic and you can develop it in an easy way