Research Proposal

In today’s society, many people are having a crisis as a result of complications in their life, obstacles or mental disorders which can affect a person’s behavior and their way of thinking leading to suicide. I will be mapping murder-suicide attempts along with New York City subways stations for the past 5 years. My motive to illustrate this issue in our society is that the government should be more aware of the insecurity, danger, and exposure of the people on the subway stations since anyone can jump off on the train tracks and pull someone with them or even bring variety of weapons such as pimp bomb furthermore detonated where there’s a large group of people, as a consequence this can lead to traumas along with delays. One possible way that the government could improve people jumping on the tracks is by advertising the risks of standing close to the train tracks before the train came to a complete stop. For my map, I want to print the transit of the subway and select every station when an incident like this happened, therefore, develop forms to approach people to be more mindful also conscious of the consequences from actions like this.

3 thoughts on “Research Proposal

1. Melachi Jackon

I fell that this topic is very related to what is going on in today society with the latest death by train which happened about a two weeks ago. I feel like this would be a great topic and it should be very easy to write about since this isn’t the first time this happened. Also It is very specific so it should be very easy to find information on your topic as well. It is not to vague where it can not be easily written about. As well as it is not a to specific that it is boring to the reader and they can not relate to it.

2. Rebekah Santos

I thought your topic is something that will be interesting to read. There is no debate really to argue the relevance of this because life is precious. As suggestion to you is to really try and comb through MTAs incident reports. That might be tricky to find however if you find information like that you can revolve your map on the incidents that have happened throughout MTA routes. You can actually take the location of these incidents and put them on the map. You can do the same thing for other murder suicide because the news does a great job of giving us specific location.

1. Tsering Dolkar Bista

Mental illness and suicide are sad topic but important topic to address. I think you did right by talking about such a topic where many people can relate to. And it is definitely debatable because everybody will have their own openion about such a topic. One suggest is you can easily find more relevant information online and news paper but also if you want you can go to one of the victim family if its close by and talk to them as a reference.