Research Proposal

The place that I will be mapping is in the Bronx area and in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The time period in which I will research will be the present, only to make it more relatable making it easier to digest the information. The map will be on barbershops and beauty salons, possessing their own location and their distance between each of them. Each shop and salon has their coverage on one another’s sharing communities, their sharing influences between one another and how each represent some areas of difference demographic either sex or age. Each having a forum for their unique voices to expressing in those communities. The mapped communities that I will cover are in the urban areas, showing the importance of these shops and salons to those neighboring communities around them. The subculture values are valued depending varies eyes that view them this is true, yet the family culture that is is built within these barber shops and salons in their respective neighborhoods isn’t measurable. I will be using google maps for most the illustrations of the maps that I will be using and the google for the basic research, as well as my own personal knowledge of having my own barbershop experience having the same barber for the past 20 years.

Barber shops and Beauty salons are cornerstones in certain community, because of the generational growth that happens within the shops and salons. Where mixture of families are cultivated and nourished with society influences, neighborhood love.