research paper

Fanny jerez

Ms. Michael

Why do students dropout from college?

In New York, many students drop out for a number of reasons. A lot of time it has to do with money, time, or an unexpected emergency where they become unable to keep attending college or not go in the first place. One of the biggest reasons that students dropout of college is because of the lack of funds to keep going. Many students take out school loans, but that isn’t always enough. Between the costs of classes, books, rent, and just trying to survive is not that easy. In manhattan, college is more expensive than in other parts of New York since that is where many tourists go to explore because manhattan is one of the places you should visit since it is known as the city that never sleeps, due to that, to attend one of the colleges from there it could be pricey. According to “https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/manhattan-college/paying-for-college/” Manhattan college tuition can cost between “$119,733 and $376,338 For a Four Year Degree. Between $59,265 and $181,571 For a Two Year Degree”. This shows how money can be a problem for the people with low economy which can lead students to drop out of college. Many students go into college with their major undeclared, which is completely fine. However, as you get farther along in college, you are going to have to eventually declare a major and just by attending to classes you have already spend some money when you don’t even know if you took the classes you were supposed to.

3 thoughts on “research paper

1. Estheisi Taveras

I strongly believe this topic is important because is something that happens everyday in our society and many in many more around the world. However, I do believe that this topic at the moment is too broad. I suggest to keep a time range. For example in the last ten years… or even in the last five years. And then pick a location: a state, city or a borough, so the audience can feel more confident with your topic and maybe relate as well. And a age range if that is possible. This topic is absolutely debatable because there’s people who would say, ‘get a scholarship…’ or have a different perspective that might be …’school is not for everyone…’ which is something we always hear from other young teenagers or people that just didn’t go to school because they found it uninteresting. I’m addition, I strongly because this topic would be amazing, would definitely fit the five range requirement for all the subtopic you will have to cover. And you should include some statistics that would prove your point.

2. Stephanique Wiggan

I believe this is a very interesting topic because every year a lot of student drop out of college for various reason but I would advise you to narrow down your topic and think about what exactly you are trying to find. What type of colleges you want to use during your research such as CUNY,SUNY or private colleges. What is the drop out rate for the past 5 years

3. Stephanique Wiggan

I believe this is a very interesting and debatable topic because every year a lot of student drop out of college for various reason but I would advise you to narrow down your topic and think about what exactly you are trying to find. What type of colleges you want to use during your research such as CUNY,SUNY or private colleges and also select a city brought or state. What is the drop out rate for the past 5 years ? This will make your research easier and your mapping will be less complicated. I believe your narrowing down your topic a bit more specific will be appropriate for a 5 page length assignment.